db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Proposal for 10.2 release schedule
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 23:59:54 GMT
Lance J. Andersen wrote:

> You cannot have a GA version of a JDBC 4 driver until JSR 221 goes final.

Are you *sure* you can't *have* a GA version, e.g the bits can't exist
somewhere, as long as they're not officially declared generally
available?  If we can't even create the bits, then it is physically and
logically impossible for us to give anything to the JDK team for
integration.

Personally, I think we need to get clarification from the JCP folks on
this before we make any final conclusions about this.

Thanks,

David