db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal for 10.2 release schedule
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 23:10:32 GMT
Jean T. Anderson wrote:

> David Van Couvering wrote:
>>In order for this to work, we need Java DB to be based on an official,
>>"GA-ready" release of Derby to be what Sun redistributes in Mustang.
>>Otherwise databases created in Mustang will be "locked in" to Java DB.
>>The problem is that it can't *actually* be GA until after JCP approves
>>JSR 221, JDBC 4.0, which will happen in tandem with the GA release of
>>the JDK, around 5 weeks after the JDK team needs their final integration
>>bits from all the pieces going into it.
> in other words, we have a classic catch-22. :-)

Are there any dates around JDBC 4.0/JSR221 that need to be factored in?

I'm curious as to how we can vote on the release that's supporting JDBC
4.0 if the spec isn't final and/or generally available for people to
read. Maybe we would be just voting on the current functionality of
*Derby* and if it happens to match JDBC 4.0 that's a bonus.

View raw message