db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 10.1.3.0 release
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 18:11:13 GMT
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> If we have another release candidate, and assuming that the relevant
> fixes for it can be committed by Friday, are those testing the release
> candidate comfortable with a 72-hour turnaround on the vote for the
> new release candidate or will we need another two weeks?

I think for DERBY-1392 72 hours is just fine because.
1) Nobody has a test that goes through that code path anyway.
2) If anybody does go through that code path as it stands they get a
corrupt db.

So it sounds like whatever the fix for DERBY-1392 holds it is only going
to be better for users.

What else has gone into 10.1.3 since the release candidate?   I think it
would be the other fixes that would dictate how much additional testing
is required.

Kathey