db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Thalamati <suresh.thalam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 10.1.3.0 release
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 17:23:31 GMT
Mike Matrigali wrote:
> I would like to see the fix for DERBY-1392 included in the 10.1.3
> release if there is a second release candidate.  While the bug
> is an edge error case, the result is a corrupt db.  I believe
> there is little risk as again the path is not one usually taken.
> The change has already been fixed in the trunk and the 10.1 branch.
>
> /mikem

I agree with Mike, DERBY-1392 fix  should be included in the second
release candidate. Although it happens only on error case; it is good
to fix this issue;  I think error path mentioned also can be hit when
users interrupt thread when derby is writing pages with an
InterrupedIOException. Fix  is simple, it should not cause any
regressions.

Thanks
-suresht