db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Possible CPU loop in testProtocol in cross-release scenario?
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 15:00:12 GMT
I was trying to verify that the changes in DERBY-920 hadn't
introduced any new compatibility problems (they shouldn't, because
we were changing an internal class, but I wanted to make sure).

So I was trying to follow some old tips about how to run tests with
an old client against a new server, as documented in:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TestingOldClientNewServer

However, when I did this, the test "testProtocol" did not terminate.
Instead, it entered a hard CPU loop consuming 100% of my machine,
until I killed the test process.

Can somebody please try these steps (from the wiki page) against
the current trunk and see whether or not you get the same CPU loop
problem that I got?

thanks,

bryan