db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Copyrights redux
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 13:28:48 GMT
Hi Jean,

I wanted to confirm with you what we should do about copyright notices.
Copyright notices seem to appear in three places:

1) On the Derby website

2) In the published user guides which we bundle with releases

3) In the Derby source code, including the source code for the web site
and the user guides

Here's what I think you have discovered:

1) We do NOT have to change the copyright notices which appear on the
web site.

2) The copyright notices which appear in the user guides need to change
from

"Copyright 1997, 2005 The Apache Software Foundation or its licensors,
as applicable."

"Copyright 1997, 2005-2006 The Apache Software Foundation or its
licensors, as applicable."

3) We need to rototill the copyright notices in the source code as
described in DERBY-1377.

Does this sound right to you?

Thanks,
-Rick