db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 23:33:27 GMT
DERBY_INSTALL is what has been in place.

If I remember right, DERBY_HOME was to be introduced in 10.2 to conform
to the usage of other Apache projects. And I bet there's even a Jira
issue for that ... I'll post a followup when I find it (unless somebody
beats me to it).

Halley Pacheco de Oliveira wrote:
> 1) In Working With Derby, "Activity 1: Run SQL using the Embedded driver", is written:
> "The DERBY_HOME variable defines the filesystem path to the root directory of the Derby
> installation."
> set DERBY_HOME=C:\derby
> 2) In Derby Developer's Guide, "The installation directory", is written:
> "The installer automatically creates setup scripts that include an environment variable
> DERBY_INSTALL. The installer's value is set to the Derby base directory."
> 3) In Getting Started with Derby, "Set the DERBY_INSTALL environment variable", is written:
> "During installation, a base directory was created where the software was installed.
This document
> assumes that directory is named Derby_10. This document refers to that directory as the
Derby base
> directory."
> set DERBY_INSTALL=c:\Derby_10
> 4) Conclusion:
> There are two environment variables for the root directory of the Derby installation
> (DERBY_INSTALL and DERBY_HOME), three directories (C:\derby, C:\DERBY_INSTALL and c:\Derby_10),
> and two definitions ("filesystem path to the root directory of the Derby installation"
and "Derby
> base directory").
> In my opinion, for the users' benefit, it would be good to have only one environment
> with only one value, and only one definition.
> Fale com seus amigos  de gra├ža com o novo Yahoo! Messenger
> http://br.messenger.yahoo.com/

View raw message