db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 10.1.3.0 release
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 18:19:12 GMT
Mathias Herberts wrote:

>> Thank you for reporting the issue and contributing the fix. Sorry, it
>> wasn't on my personal radar and wasn't marked Fix In 10.1.3.0 for JIRA
>> so I didn't take notice of it. There's a lot going on in the dev list,
>> so it helps to be loud about your contribution if it appears no one is
>> paying attention to it right away.
>

> I'll yell next time ;-)

Please yell now.  I don't have much in the way of skills in this area so
can only yell with you.
Also, ask for developer access if you don't have it and assign yourself
to DERBY-1373 it will show up more prominently on the list.

It would be great to see this and other great patches get up to 10.1 in
case there is an RC2 .
Regardless it  will be in the next 10.1 snapshot and in a place where
users can get it to use it  opposed to 10.2 with the alpha flag.
I hope there are reviewers in the community that can look at the patches
below in particular:

 Encrypted databases cannot be booted using the jar subprotocol (and
possibly also using http/https/classpath)

    Grouped select from temporary table raises null pointer exception in
byte code generator

    Corner case behaviour in RAFContainer#writePage() can cause invalid
data to be written to data files

Who wants to keep any of this stuff sitting in the product?
Non-commtters, please review patches. It is a great way to earn merit
and will give committers more time to  commit.

Many other patches waiting attention at:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ConfigureReport.jspa?filterid=12310751&mapper=assignees&selectedProjectId=10594&reportKey=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.reports%3Asinglelevelgroupby&Next=Next

Kathey