db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject [PRE-VOTE DISCUSSION] Compatibility rules and interface table
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 21:03:19 GMT
Hi, all.  I am thinking of setting up two separate votes based on the
Wiki page at

The first one would be on our overall model/approach to making
compatibility commitments, as described in the Wiki page.

The second would be specifically for the interface table, targetted at
the 10.2 release.

The reason for separating these out is because, for each release, we
should update the interface table and have a new vote; the overall
model/approach does not need to be updated or voted on for each release.

I would copy the appropriate text directly into the email for the vote,
so that the thing we're voting on is a frozen snapshot, not a live
document like the Wiki page.

I'd like your feedback on this approach.  I'd also like to make sure
there aren't any lingering issues with the Wiki page as it stands,
before I go through the process of running a vote.

View raw message