db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Sharing user code
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 21:16:28 GMT

Previously, Jean wrote:
>>>I haven't found a precedent for sharing user application code at the
>>>ASF, so it appears this is a first.
>
> What about the Lucene sandbox?

great idea, Dan -- I like the idea of a sandbox a lot.

The sandboxes I know about at the ASF seem to mostly be mini-incubators
for software destined for the core of the project. But it's clear that
Lucene isn't restricting itself to just stuff destined for direct
inclusion in Lucene. Likewise, the MyFaces sandbox is open to other
"goodies".

There's still reason to include examples on the Derby Wiki. One
"dividing line" might be anything small enough to post to the derby list
would be a good candidate for the Wiki. Anything too large to post to
the list is a candidate for a sandbox, if we decide to create a Derby
sandbox.

-jean