db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New updates to the Wiki - Should they be here? (was Re: [Db-derby Wiki] Update of "LifeCache" by DonaldMcLean)
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 15:49:50 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:

>> The following page has been changed by DonaldMcLean:
>> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/LifeCache
>>

> I  wonder  if this content is really appropriate for the Derby Wiki.

I don't believe it is. If this is a potential open-source project then a
wiki is not the mechanism for community development. Something like
sourceforge or Donald applying to the apache incubator is best.

Seems like the Derby wiki may be ok for sharing sample code for Derby,
but not the code for or developing a complete application. Lots of
applications can use Derby, doesn't mena they need to be hosted on
Derby's wiki.

Dan.