db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: New updates to the Wiki - Should they be here? (was Re: [Db-derby Wiki] Update of "LifeCache" by DonaldMcLean)
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 01:57:11 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:
<snip>
>> The following page has been changed by DonaldMcLean:
>> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/LifeCache
>>
> I  wonder  if this content is really appropriate for the Derby Wiki.
> I wonder if  Donald knows that every single edit goes to the
> derby-commits@db.apache.org mailing list.

This has to do with the Derby + Hibernate project Donald posted to
derby-user:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-user/200605.mbox/%3c052120061753.19559.4470A92F000BCDF000004C672213575333CDC0020E0A040C030B@comcast.net%3e

The Derby Wiki is really the only place I can think of for end users to
contribute work that isn't part of the Derby core. I personally think
it's nice for users to have a place to share code.

Is there a better place?

Wiki updates do result in commit notifications. --This is a standard at
the ASF. I just delete the traffic that doesn't interest me.

 -jean