db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Merging 1072 patch in 10.1 branch
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 13:30:50 GMT
Mayuresh Nirhali wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The fix for Derby-1072 recently got committed to the trunk
> (409578,409713). Now, I wish to have this committed in the 10.1.3 branch.
>
> As per the instructions, I was trying to merge these patches with 10.1
> local client and wanted to test the fix so that it can be committed
> quickly.
>
> The command, svn merge -r 409577:409578
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk, brought up some
> conflicts in some files. I have attached the output of above command.
>
> The problem here is that my changes are on top of some more changes
> which are not in 10.1 branch as yet. So, I think it will be ideal to
> have those changes committed first and then this patch can be tested and
> committed.
>
> In this scenario, how can I test my patch in the 10.1 branch locally ??

One thing to consider is merging the fix really going to benefit 10.1.

In this case I would say it's not worth the extra effort of determing
which other patches are needed or manually resolving changes. The fix
basically changes an error message, not an essential chanage for 10.1,
though it is a good change for 10.2.

Dan.