db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Michelle Caisse <Michelle.Cai...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: 10.2 Snap shot problem
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 21:59:30 GMT
I'm running Firefox 1.5.0.4 and I don't see any name change with it.  I
did replicate the issue with Internet Explorer.  I don't see that there
is anything that can be done about that other than possibly documenting
the issue.  Most people who need a .gz file will be able to figure this
out or won't be using IE in the first place.

-- Michelle

Manjula G Kutty wrote:

> Jean T. Anderson wrote:
>
>> I just tried it on a Windows machine and ....
>>
>> - Internet Explorer renamed the file
>> db-derby-snapshot-10.2.0.2-410284.tar.tar
>> - Firefox renamed it db-derby-snapshot-10.2.0.2-410284.tar.gz.tar
>> - Mozilla didn't change the filename.
>>
>> So, I guess the best advice is to be aware that the browser may change
>> the filename. IE and Mozilla both gave me an option on download to
>> change the name, but Firefox didn't.
>>
>> -jean
>>

>> Rick Hillegas wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Manjula,
>>>
>>> I'm afraid I cannot reproduce the problem you're seeing. On my XP box I
>>> have successfully downloaded all of the 10.2.0.2 distributions from the
>>> Derby download page. The files called "zip" come down with the
>>> extension
>>> "zip" and the files called "tar.gz" come down with the extension
>>> "tar.gz". I can then successfully gunzip the tar.gz files. This is true
>>> for the debug and non-debug distributions. When I look at my copy of