db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Testing & Classpath concern
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 12:15:30 GMT
Bernt M. Johnsen wrote:

> [...]
[snip]

>>... running the tests has has
>>actually exposed  various bugs regarding classpath order and the
>>interaction of multiple jars in the user classpath.   I wonder how we
>>could add controlled environment testing for those kinds of issues.

[snip]

>What you write is an indication that we might need explicit
>tests regarding classpath order and interaction of multiple jars in
>the user classpath in a controlled manner.

agreed.  I'd like to see classpath order and  jar interaction tests
considered as part of the controlled environment if the testing
framework changes.  I'd like to trade in our less than optimal  ability
to test  these combinations with something better, but not removed all
together since we have seen bugs and even regressions in this area in
the past.

Kathey