db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Testing & Classpath concern
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 17:30:46 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

>Bernt M. Johnsen wrote:
>

>>I think this is definitely a path we should follow.
>>(... the pun is in the "ah" of the beholder..... ;-)
>>Especially the idea that each separate test/testsuite should have a
>>well defined and controlled environment it should run in.
>>

>That's a good way to look at it, controlled environment including:
>
>classpath
>policy file
>security manager
>heap size
>locale
>
>etc.

I can see us controlling this for tests we start as new processes.
For tests running in the same process as the test harness, I guess it
might be a bit more difficult, maybe impossible, to control every aspect
of the test environment.
For instance, is it possible to change the heap size (I suppose you mean
max heap size?) and the policy file on the fly, dynamically?

--
Kristian