db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Øystein Grøvlen <Oystein.Grov...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: JMX Extensions to Derby
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 07:24:18 GMT
Sanket Sharma wrote:

> I would also appreciate your suggestions on features the community would
> like to see being implemented as JMX extensions.

On the top of my head:

- Performancs statistics (e.g., transactions committed/aborted per second)
- Change dynamic properties (e.g., derby.storage.pageSize)
- Stop a network server (would require some kind of authorization)

A question:  How will JMX work in an embedded environment? Will it be
possible to connect from another process?  If yes, if yes that
introduces security issues that one today does need to address for an
embedded configuration.

--
Øystein