db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Brent Verner <br...@rcfile.org>
Subject interested in working on DERBY-713
Date Sun, 18 Jun 2006 02:20:29 GMT
Hi,

	I've recently found need for an embedded java db and only Derby seems
even close to handling the task, however the broken query planning for IN
clauses makes it unusable :-(.  I've decided to eschew an embedded db
in favor of PG for now, but I'd really like to be able to use Derby in the
near(ish) future for deployment.

	I'd like to try to fix the query planning around the IN clause.  I'm
reviewing the internals papers right now, but I'd appreciate any input
that might point me in the right direction :-).

cheers!
  Brent