db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From <de...@mylevita.com>
Subject Re: DERBY-1376 - Text for exceptions - File java/engine/org/apache/derby/loc/messages_en.properties
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 20:24:24 GMT

----- Original Message ----
From: Laura Stewart <scotsmatrix@gmail.com>
To: derby-dev@db.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, June 7, 2006 1:00:17 PM
Subject: Re: DERBY-1376 - Text for exceptions - File java/engine/org/apache/derby/loc/messages_en.properties

<snip>*** (LS) Does anyone know how many messages there are in Derby?  What is the best
way to locate the text of the messages so that we can prep them for review?
  Laura
 </snip>

Laura,

Actually David did some helpful work last year in creating a script that takes the message
texts and outputs them to a DITA file that is included in our Reference Manual.  So whenever
a message is changed, it is changed in the docs automatically.  Here's the URL of the messages
reference section of the Reference Manual:

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ref/rrefexcept71493.html