db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From <home4...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: 10.2 Snap shot problem
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 22:53:47 GMT
Hi Manjula,

I looked around a little about this problem and found this note:

http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2003-November/144121.html

which implies that there could be two sources for the problem;

a) One how IE handles the download, which I found this info about (it is in the
registry : <):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/networking/moniker/overview/appendix_a.asp

I had the problem with IE too, and here what was in my registry:

application/x-gzip: extension: .gz,
application/x-tar: extension: .tar,
but I did not have an
application/x-gzip-compressed.

So then I added an entry to the registry for application/x-gzip-compressed, with an
extension of .tar.gz with no impact.

b) For apache web servers there is a configuration file called mime.types ... I believe this
is where a certain MIME type has an extension mapped to it.

If this mapping is not correct, or at least correct in the view of IE, maybe this is causing
the problem.  I'm guessing this is not something we can change but would require
Apache infrastructure assistance.

So it might be best to just workaround the problem for now.

Susan