db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernt M. Johnsen" <Bernt.John...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Testing & Classpath concern
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 07:56:26 GMT
> Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
>
> >That's a good way to look at it, controlled environment including:
> >
> One thing to consider is that the uncontrolled environment and the fact
> that it uses whatever classpath the user running the tests has has
> actually exposed  various bugs regarding classpath order and the
> interaction of multiple jars in the user classpath.   I wonder how we
> could add controlled environment testing for those kinds of issues.

Of course, a random environment may randomly expose bugs, but those
bug may sometimes be very har to track down. I think it is much better
to know what we actually are testing and be able to document
that. What you write is an indication that we might need explicit
tests regarding classpath order and interaction of multiple jars in
the user classpath in a controlled manner.
Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway