db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Darcy Benoit <darcy.ben...@acadiau.ca>
Subject Re: ICLA's (WAS Re: Looking for Stephen Fitch)
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 18:21:26 GMT
On Tue, 23 May 2006 15:13:55 -0300, Kathey Marsden
<kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I think it is good for students  (and everyone)  to complete an ICLA as
> soon as they start working on Derby even before their first
> contribution.  Not only does it protect the work and the project  from
> people going on with their lives, it is good for folks to understand and
> consent to the legalities and copyright  up front, before potentially
> bring in  inappropriate code or finding out after making the effort
> just how generous they are being with their IP.

I agree with you. One goal of this work was to hopefully bring the code to
submission level, so we didn't complete the forms until the code looked
good enough to contribute. I was able to contact Stephen, and he submitted
the ICLA forms by fax back in March. Hopefully they are on file somewhere,
or he will have to submit them again. I've contacted him and asked him to
finish up what is needed so that the code can be submitted to the tree.
Hopefully this will happen soon.

darcy

--
Dr. Darcy Benoit