db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: test harness and jvmoptions
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 11:25:00 GMT
On 5/31/06, Vemund Ostgaard <Vemund.Ostgaard@sun.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to get the test harness to specify a flag to the jvm when
> new jvms are started to execute tests/testsuites, but I have got it
> wrong somehow. I want to supply either -d32 or -d64 option to the Sun
> jvm (on linux or solaris) to force tests to run in either 32-bit or
> 64-bit environment. Based on reading the testing readme, I concluded
> that setting the 'jvmflags' systemproperty was the correct way to do this.
>
> What I have tried is:
>
> java -d32 -Djvmflags="-d32"
> org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunSuite derbytools
>
> The result is that all tests fail with:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: "-d32"
>
> Anyone got any advice on how to correctly get the test harness to use a
> specific flag/argument when starting new jvms?
>

> Thanks,
> Vemund

:-(
The jvmflag passing is broken (not sure how well it ever worked).
See also DERBY-1091.
I intend to work on that this week...But it's a big can of worms.

But try without the quotes...

Otherwise, if your need is temporary and urgent and you can make
(temporary) changes to the source you can see if you can add the flag
in the jvm subclass for the jvm you're using (e.g.
org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/harness/jdk16.java)

Myrna