db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: derbyTesting.jar in our releases?
Date Sat, 13 May 2006 02:38:50 GMT
On 5/12/06, David Van Couvering <David.Vancouvering@sun.com> wrote:

> I'm sure there's a good reason, but why are we shipping derbyTesting.jar
> in our releases?

I'm not certain of the definitive answer; however, we definitely need to
have it available somewhere. If you want to check certain test behaviour for
an earlier release, you need to use the testing jar of the same build, or
revert your tree to that version and build it yourself from scratch...

I don't think derbyTesting.jar needs to actually be included in the same zip
file as the source; we could have a separate downloadable file for it.

On the other hand,
1.  I think someone embedding derby in an app, or someone adding it without
much change to a product for use as a demo database (,or whatever other use
derby has found...), will have no trouble dropping derbyTesting.jar from
their final distribution
2. it is kind-of nice to have all jars belonging to a certain build
together.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Myrna