db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Ramandeep Kaur" <ramandhin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LargeCodegen test fails with derbyclient while running largeData test suite
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 01:08:39 GMT
Well, so far we are having problem with lower java heap size for
largeCodeGen test only.  For largeCodeGen, heap size needs to be increased
as follows:

- For framework embedded, simply need to change largeCodeGen_app.properties.
So there is no problem with this scenario.
- For framework DerbyNetClient, jvm heap size needs to be changed while
starting Network Server as well. Now we can not change the property file or
code for Network Server as the change will get applicable to Network Server
while running it for all other tests. Therefore, there has to be a way to
pass -Djvmflags property while calling RunSuite and/or RunTest with java
command. This passing jvmflags works ok while running RunTest, but it does
not work while running RunSuite. Basically it looks like RunSuite needs to
be modified so it properly parses -Djvmflags property.

Thanks, Raman

--
Ramandeep Kaur
ramandhindsa@gmail.com