db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Huinan <zhang.hui...@gmail.com>
Subject Derby Database Change Capturing Using Log
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 01:37:07 GMT
Hi,

I am tring to build an application that captures changes in Derby
database.For example, as a new query inserts data to some table comes, I
want to be able to get that change without using trigger for scalability and
loose coupling reasons.

The solution I'm considering is to use Derby's transaction log. I read
through its source code, espacially the package
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.log, trying to file clues about it's log
format and ways to instantiate log object. There is one class which looks
promising called Scan. But when trying to instantiate Scan, it takes a
LogToFile and a LogInstant. Both of them are not easily instantiated. Does
any one have a clue about how to access the log and make sense of it? Or
maybe some other ways to capture changes inside the database?

Thanks!

Regards.