db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 10.2.0.1 snapshot posted
Date Sat, 27 May 2006 03:32:05 GMT

> I believe that 10.1.2.1 is the latest official release and the next
> official release will be 10.1.3.x. At least the date on 10.1.2.1 looks
> right to me: the community hasn't vetted a release since last fall. I
> too am puzzled by 10.1.2.2 and 10.1.2.3. Perhaps these are patch
> distributions, cut off the living, growing end of the 10.1 branch and
> given to targetted customers. Can anyone else shed light on this?

I posted 10.1.2.2 and 10.1.2.3, after complaints that the current
snapshots up were getting stale. I hadn't said anything about them
because there wasn't that much to say that wasn't readily available in
the JIRA reports for those versions, and there wasn't a release
planned for 10.1 at the time. With 10.1.2.4 we're rapidly approaching
release time and quite a few fixes had accumulated, so it seemed like
a good time to put out a call for testing.

I actually think it's ok to have the snapshots for the alpha version
stay 10.2.0.0, the code is in such flux in alpha that I don't think
its necessarily worth tracking alpha progress at a more fine-grained
level.

andrew