db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: upcoming 10.2 snapshot
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 18:47:24 GMT

> 1) I should summarize what we hope the community will test. This summary
> can appear in the "Snapshot Jars" section of the downloads page
> (http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html#Development+trunk).

Yep. Don't forget to post to derby-user too.

> 2) I should summarize the major features that are ready for testing.
> This summary should appear in trunk/CHANGES

that would be nice. CHANGES is a little stale at the moment.

> Is there a place to describe known defects (e.g., the fact that the user
> guides haven't been updated yet)? What other summaries should I supply?

Open bugs with Fix In 10.2 is a good place to start:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=10594&fixfor=11187

106 issues scheduled to be fixed before 10.2. We should probably
tighten that up. Or get to some serious bug fixing real soon now.

> 1) I want to make sure I'm capturing the current state of the mainline
> so that end-users will know which tires to kick. I thought we maintained
> a wiki page on the expected contents of 10.2. But I can't find that page
> hung off http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/. Can you help me find that page?

Was this the page you were looking for?

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyDevActivities

Although, that page is also a little stale now. Online backup is
complete, for instance.

Thanks for looking into putting a snapshot together. It will be good
to get these new features wider testing.

On a different note, did you get the snapshot target working? I'm
looking to simplify the process, after your last note I realized that
it shouldn't be necessary to run 15 commands to produce the snapshot.
I'm running some testing and hope to have that down to one command
('ant snapshot' :-) ) if things work out.

andrew