db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Process Question: New demo code - Adding JAVA code and CLASS files [...demo\workingwithderby]
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 19:00:39 GMT
On 5/9/06, Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradbury@gmail.com> wrote:

> I understand from a reliable source that I should not include the class
> files in the patch I prepare but that the programs need to be compiled
> as part of the build.  I need guidance on how to get this done.  Does
> someone manage the build files (it appears that
> ...trunk\java\demo\build.xml describes building the demo programs)?
> Should I make an attempt at setting up the build based on how the
> demo\simple is handled in this file?

Correct. The demo programs should build along with the other demos,
with the output ending up in the classes directory. The targets at
tools/release should pick up the class files at release-building time
and put them in the demo directory with their source as appropriate.

I would suggest either adding another <javac> task to
java/demo/build.xml's compile target, or adding a build.xml in the
directory containing your new demo which has appropriate build targets
for your classes and call that from the compile target in
java/demo/build.xml.

andrew