db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Confounded by jdbc40 test suite
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 02:53:20 GMT
On 5/8/06, David Van Couvering <David.Vancouvering@sun.com> wrote:
> Hi, all.  I am switching over to Solaris x86, and although I can run
> jdbc40 fine on XP, on Solaris I get the same behavior I get on Linux: it
> happily runs along and skips all tests.
>
> I explicitly run the jdk 1.6 version of the java interpreter:
>
> /usr/jdk/jdk1.6.0/bin/java
> org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunSuite jdbc40
>
> My JAVA_HOME also points to jdk 1.6
>
> How do I stop RunSuite from pointing to /usr/j2se/jre?

RunTest spawns new processes with Runtime.exec(), which inherits your
current environment (which presumably has /usr/j2se/jre in the PATH).
The test harness just calls "java ..." which ends up being the one in
/usr/j2se/jre in the forked process.

So, put it in your path. If you really want to call it explicitly and
not put it in your path for some reason, then you need to also pass
the full path in as the javaCmd property:

java -DjavaCmd=/usr/jdk/jdk1.6.0/bin/java org.apache.derby.functionTests...

andrew