db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What should I set JAVA_HOME to
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 16:35:54 GMT

> 1) Concerning the ant code below: I would feel better if we factored
> this code up into the init target. Hopefully, all targets end up calling
> init one way or another.

See my initial comment on this:

"This would need to be added to each jdk16-specific target, not just at
the top level, as the target could be called separately from any other
target at the leaf level."

Calling ant while you are in the directory
java/engine/org/apache/derby/jdbc, for example, just recompiles the
files in that directory. At the leaf level you are just recompiling
the files affected in that directory and don't call the init target at
the top level. I don't think we want to have a discontinuity between
compiling at the leaf level and top level.

Plus I think I tried adding it to init and it didn't work, because we
<ant> into the subdirectories and it didn't inherit the jdk16 property
we set in init at some point.

andrew