db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What should I set JAVA_HOME to
Date Sat, 06 May 2006 05:26:48 GMT
On 5/5/06, David W. Van Couvering <David.Vancouvering@sun.com> wrote:
> Hm, reading this patch, it seems a little convoluted.  If you still have
> to set the jdk16 property, what's the value of setting JAVA_HOME to a
> 1.6 directory?  What does it buy me?  Perhaps we should explain, because
> reading it as it is, I tend to ask "why would I want to do that?"

That's a good point. You could add the following to all of the
jdk16-specific targets, if that's what you're looking for:

    <!-- Set jdk16 property to java.home if Ant is running in a 1.6 VM -->
    <condition property="jdk16" value="${java.home}/..">
      <and>
        <not>
          <isset property="jdk16"/>
        </not>
        <contains string="${java.specification.version}" substring="1.6"/>
      </and>
    </condition>

This would need to be added to each jdk16-specific target, not just at
the top level, as the target could be called separately from any other
target at the leaf level.

andrew