db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What should I set JAVA_HOME to
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 18:56:02 GMT
On 5/5/06, David Van Couvering <David.Vancouvering@sun.com> wrote:
> OK, thank.s  But I am assuming the way moving forward is (once it
> becomes GA) to use JDK 1.6 as the JAVA_HOME, right?  Anyway, I'll give
> that a shot.

Yes, at some point we should probably document that as the preferred
setup. But I also think we should continue to maintain the ability to
build with previous JDKs until 1.6 is available on most of the
platforms of interest outside of the Sun releases, like OS X, HP-UX,
AIX, FreeBSD, zOS, etc.

I also think that there needs to be some testing of an all-1.6 build.
I haven't done any sort of comprehensive testing yet.

> I think BUILDING.txt needs to be updated to talk about this.

Agreed. Any suggested wording? Otherwise I'll come up with something.

andrew