db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Code formatting debate, confusion and wasted time , Has it gone on long enough?
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 23:45:45 GMT
I have been doing fine setting my editor to have tab stops at 4 spaces.
  Then I indent with spaces not tabs.  It's never bothered me (that much).

I vote for agreeing on a level of indent (e.g. 4 spaces) and keep it at
that.  All new code should use tabs, and all old code with tabs is
grandfathered in.  I'm not sure about doing a massive reformat, I have
to think about that.

I'd rather us spend time on fixing things like methods 500 lines long
that have so many nested depths of logic that you only have eight
columns of space available per line.

David