db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Creating a database - network security
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 17:29:35 GMT
How are they blocked from running the program?  Is it being loaded as an
applet and they are running into security exceptions?  Or is a firewall
blocking them somehow?  What exactly is happening?

If it's the former, the way you handle this is by getting a certificate
and signing the derby jar file with this certificate.  The user then
gets a popup asking if they trust you and will accept the certificate.
Depending on your set of customers, they may want a highly verified
certificate from a Certificate Authority like Verisign, or they'll be
happy with one you created yourself.

But, again, I don't even know if that's your problem :)

David