db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Strong <rick.str...@med.nyu.edu>
Subject Creating a database - network security
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 15:35:49 GMT

I've built a product based on Derby, and I've run into a problem. The
product creates and modifies r/w databases, and in distributing the
product to people working in very secure network situations I find that
even people who are empowered to install software are frequently blocked
from running the program, which creates a db on the fly on its first run.

Are there any interesting documents or ideas on minimal network
permissions needed to create/access/modify Derby databases in a
relatively paranoid network context?

Rick Strong

View raw message