db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Vemund Ostgaard <Vemund.Ostga...@Sun.COM>
Subject test harness and jvmoptions
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 11:06:51 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to get the test harness to specify a flag to the jvm when
new jvms are started to execute tests/testsuites, but I have got it
wrong somehow. I want to supply either -d32 or -d64 option to the Sun
jvm (on linux or solaris) to force tests to run in either 32-bit or
64-bit environment. Based on reading the testing readme, I concluded
that setting the 'jvmflags' systemproperty was the correct way to do this.

What I have tried is:

java -d32 -Djvmflags="-d32"
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunSuite derbytools

The result is that all tests fail with:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: "-d32"

Anyone got any advice on how to correctly get the test harness to use a
specific flag/argument when starting new jvms?

Thanks,
Vemund