db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject 10.1.3 Wow!
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 21:53:13 GMT
10.1.3 is starting to look quite impressive.

    - 97 issues fixed.
    - More than 75 bugs fixed.
     - Just since the snapshot we've seen  DERBY-1103, important
optimizer costing fixes, performance improvements and  more go into the
10.1 branch.

See http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenOneThreeRelease for detail
information on the release

The last day to check in fixes is *June 9*, so there is still time to
pick up a bug and get it in.
For ideas for Bug fix candidates see  ...
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenOneThreeRelease#head-7d5855cf7e8c062b500953ad6557e303b70683f4

What has  impressed me most  about this release is the wide diversity of
contributors and community effort involved.  We've seen lots of folks
porting others patches, committers committing patches for folks across
the globe and  many people involved in small ways. All of the individual
contributions and community cooperation is vastly improving  the quality
of Derby.  It really shows the power of  open source.  Here is the
ensemble of folks that have contributed so far,  including the always
hard working  "Unassigned" #:)

 A B
Anders Morken
Andreas Korneliussen
Andrew McIntyre
Bryan Pendleton
Daniel John Debrunner
Deepa Remesh
Dyre Tjeldvoll
Fernanda Pizzorno
Halley Pacheco de Oliveira
Jean T. Anderson
Jeff Levitt
Kathey Marsden
Knut Anders Hatlen
Kristian Waagan
Mamta A. Satoor
Manish Khettry
Mike Matrigali
Myrna van Lunteren
Olav Sandstaa
Ole Solberg
Rajesh Kartha
Ramandeep Kaur
Satheesh Bandaram
Sunitha Kambhampati
Suresh Thalamati
Unassigned
Øystein Grøvlen

Please let me know if anyone is missing. If you are the mysterious
"Unassigned", assign yourself to those issues.

Kathey