db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Forrest and the Snapshot
Date Fri, 26 May 2006 17:31:30 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:
> I have generated the 10.2 snapshot and wired it into a Derby website on
> my machine. Now I need to check this in. However, I don't know what to
> make of the following advice from the snapshot cookbook
> (http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySnapshotOrRelease): "NOTE: you
> should revert any changed files in build/tmp or build/site/skin."

one last clarification regarding the files forrest generates to
build/tmp. They support dynamic access via 'forrest run' and aren't
checked into the derby svn repo.

The static web site files under build/site are checked into the derby
repo, and are checked out on people.apache.org. It's from there that the
machine hosting db.apache.org/derby gets the files making up the web site.

So, files generated under build/tmp should never be committed to the
derby repo.

 -jean