db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DERBY-1339 - messages_pt_BR.properties file
Date Fri, 26 May 2006 14:49:02 GMT
Halley Pacheco de Oliveira wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Jira issue DERBY-1339, java/drda/org/apache/derby/loc/drda/messages_pt_BR.properties
file (*), was
> created four days ago, and wasn't commented by anyone. Since this file was already translated
into
> Brazilian Portuguese, I was expecting a reply from the original translator, but I don't
know if
> this file was translated at IBM or ASF.

IBM translated contributed the translations to the the Apache Derby
project. I do not believe the translators are involved in the open
source community.

If you believe your patch is correct you should commit it.

> I am translating the documentation, not doing localization, but if there isn't anyone
responsible
> for Brazilian Portuguese localization I can be doing localization together with documentation.

No-one is reponsible for any code at the ASF, there is no code
ownership. People work on anything that scratches their itch.

Thanks,
Dan.