db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Release testing: i18n validation
Date Fri, 26 May 2006 12:44:51 GMT
David Van Couvering wrote:

> There's a test I'd like to see run as part of release verification.

[snip]

> This involves a lot of substitution work, and each time new
> SqlExceptions are introduced, it tends to require some tweaking

[snip]

> I could run this test myself as part of my validation of the release,
> but it would be great to have this documented as one of the tests to run.
>
> If there are no objections, I can add a link to instructions on how to
> run it off of the general "how to cut a release" page.

It seems like  since this test is sensitive to individual changes and it
might expose issues that would hold up the release, running it as part
of making the release might be a bit late.  It would be best if we could
get folks running nightlies to add this in.   That way it doesn't become
a fire drill at release time.

Kathey