db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Army <qoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: upcoming 10.2 snapshot
Date Thu, 25 May 2006 21:27:27 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:
> 2) I think that 10.2 will contain the following major features. If you
> are responsible for one of these features, could you post a brief
> description of whether it's ready for testing and, if so, what you'd
> like to see tested? Here are the features I know about:
>  - XML datatype

The XML-related work described in DERBY-688 will not be ready for the 10.2
pre-release snapshot.  I am, however, still hoping to have it completed for the
actual 10.2 release...

> Also please let me know if you want community feedback on a committed
> bugfix.

The changes for DERBY-805, along with some related changes (DERBY-1073,
DERBY-1007), have been in 10.2 for about a month now and have also been ported
to 10.1.  But that said, these kind of changes (namely, optimizer changes) can
always use more testing, so as Kathey Marsden said for the latest 10.1 snapshot,
  "It is especially a good idea to try out the release if you have particularly
performance sensitive large or complex queries."  So if anyone who has such
queries could try them out on the 10.2 pre-release snapshot, that'd be great...

View raw message