db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Compiling with JDK 1.6 and deprecations
Date Thu, 25 May 2006 15:35:18 GMT
Thanks for the tip, Andrew

Good question about deprecated APIs.  I would like to suggest we log a
bug to track these, and I can see a number of these as being "newcomer"
bugs.  But I'm not sure if I need to clog up my builds with this output.

I have noticed that the Java community seems to want to avoid *ever*
removing deprecated APIs from Java.  I wonder if it's more a matter of
support than actually getting rid of them -- if a bug is found in one of
these methods, then we would upgrade to the non-deprecated API rather
than contact the VM provider for support...

David