db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Derby JDBC support
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 17:19:19 GMT
Hello all,

I have posted the first version of the JDBC support Wiki page. I
intended this page to list all JDBC methods Derby does not support. If
the method is not listed there, it is assumed to be supported (and working).

I would like some feedback on the content:
1) Should the content be organized differently?
2) Please notify about errors, or correct them on the Wiki.
3) Add information, for instance Jira issues and comments you think are
relevant.
4) Do we want to add any other information to this page?

The pages is here: http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/JDBCSupport

Please note that the content is based on a test, not manual inspection.
There might be bugs in the test code, I might have mixed up stuff
(pretty much data) or the Derby code can trick the test code. I need
help to detect and remove these mistakes.

Several methods in the client that are not implemented, do logic and
sanity checks *before* they throw the feature-not-supported-exception.
This tricks the test code, and it may also trick the user.
Should we take the time to identify these and fix it by removing the
"excess" code?
An example can be seen in the method getArray(int) of
client.am.CallableStatement.

thanks,
--
Kristian