db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Solberg <Ole.Solb...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Testing for 10.1.3
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 12:39:20 GMT
We now have extended our tests for the 10.1.2.4 Snapshot:

1. New platforms:
    **************
derbyall:
-----------------
jvm1.4
   Solaris Zones: 1 global and 3 local zones executing
       derbyall concurrently (on same physical machine).
       I will fix the report pages here, the current naming is:
       zones: the global zone
       sparc_zone1..3: the three local zones.

jvm1.5
   HP-UX B.11.11 PA_RISC2.0
   Solaris Zones: same as jvm1.4.

2. New tests:
    **********
"Large DataVolume test":
-------------------------
We have used the DOTS* ATCJ2 schema and filled a database to ~175Gb raw
disk space. (The two largest tables each contain ~250 million tuples.)
Tests we have run on this volume includes
   - table consistency check(SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_CHECK_TABLE).
   - aggregate queries on theses tables
   - backup/recovery tests:
     - *have done* a SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE_AND_ENABLE_LOG_ARCHIVE_MODE()
       backup on this volume,
       with concurrent load on the database.
     - *will do* a "rollForwardRecovery" recovery of the database after
       having run the DOTS ATCJ2(auction simulation) for some time.
No issues seen so far.

On 10.2 we have successfully completed these tests on ~235Gb raw disk space.

"Long Running test":
--------------------
Using the DOTS ATCJ2(auction simulation) we have had a database running
for 14 days:
no issues seen so far.

We intend to repeat these tests on the final 10.1.3 snapshot/release
candidate.

(*DOTS: see http://ltp.sourceforge.net/dotshowto.php ,
http://db.apache.org/derby/integrate/DOTS_Derby.htm ,
http://db.apache.org/derby/binaries/UsingDotsDerbySystemTest.pdf .
We have adapted DOTS to also run on other OS's than Linux.)

--
Ole Solberg, Database Technology Group,
Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway