db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject upcoming 10.2 snapshot
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 16:48:55 GMT
I would like to generate a 10.2 snapshot very soon. To do this, I need
advice from Andrew and the rest of the community.

Hi Andrew,

I would like the snapshot to describe itself. Here's my understanding of
how this is done:

1) I should summarize what we hope the community will test. This summary
can appear in the "Snapshot Jars" section of the downloads page

2) I should summarize the major features that are ready for testing.
This summary should appear in trunk/CHANGES

Is there a place to describe known defects (e.g., the fact that the user
guides haven't been updated yet)? What other summaries should I supply?

Hi Community,

1) I want to make sure I'm capturing the current state of the mainline
so that end-users will know which tires to kick. I thought we maintained
a wiki page on the expected contents of 10.2. But I can't find that page
hung off http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/. Can you help me find that page?

2) I think that 10.2 will contain the following major features. If you
are responsible for one of these features, could you post a brief
description of whether it's ready for testing and, if so, what you'd
like to see tested? Here are the features I know about:

  - JDBC4
  - SUR
  - Other Security enhancements
  - Online backup
  - XML datatype
  - Internationalized Network Client

Also please let me know if you want community feedback on a committed

View raw message