db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: In-memory store implementation available for contribution
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 16:19:16 GMT
Jean T. Anderson wrote:
> David Van Couvering wrote:
>
>>OK, thanks, I thought this was a separate effort than the one already
>>contributed.
>>
>>If we don't get the CLA, are we able to take what he's contributed and
>>run with it?  Or do we need to start from scratch?
> One of the questions I would have for Stephen, if Professor Benoit can
> locate him, is why 4 of the files have "Copyright 1998, 2004" and two
> others have "Copyright 2004". Does Stephen own that earlier work from
> 1998 and has the rights to grant license to the ASF? --At the very
> least, we would need an on-list conversation with Stephen to clear the ip.

And actually, he posted the contribution to DERBY-646 in October 2005,
so it's possible he meant the copyright to be 2005 and not 2004 -- and
it's possible he didn't pay close attention to the dates in the
copyright. At any rate, we would need to have that on-list conversation
with Stephen to clarify any fine points.

 -jean