db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: SqlExceptionTest failure on JDK 1.3 platforms ...
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 16:18:58 GMT
David Van Couvering wrote:

> Sorry, recently modified as I am, I don't have the itch to fix this on
> JDK 1.3...  I support you removing it from that platform.

Thanks Satheesh for cleaning this up. Of course, once the code is
checked in it belongs to all of us so it is the community's
responsibility as a whole to make sure tests pass for supported JDK's
like JDK 1.3.1.  Disabling specific tests on JDK 1.3.1 seems sensible in
some cases like this one.    It would be really helpful though, if
contributors did this as part of the contribution so Satheesh and others
don't have to run around and cleanup.

Kathey