db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: In-memory store implementation available for contribution
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 16:09:53 GMT
David Van Couvering wrote:
> OK, thanks, I thought this was a separate effort than the one already
> contributed.
>
> If we don't get the CLA, are we able to take what he's contributed and
> run with it?  Or do we need to start from scratch?

There are 6 new files in the patch for DERBY-646, which makes a
significant contribution, in my opinion, so that iCLA would be needed.
(My apologies if this info already got repeated in another thread).

One of the questions I would have for Stephen, if Professor Benoit can
locate him, is why 4 of the files have "Copyright 1998, 2004" and two
others have "Copyright 2004". Does Stephen own that earlier work from
1998 and has the rights to grant license to the ASF? --At the very
least, we would need an on-list conversation with Stephen to clear the ip.

If Stephen can't be located, there's always the option of pointing to
DERBY-646 on the Derby Wiki so others can find his work and compile it
in. Not ideal, I realize.

 -jean