db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: NSinSameVM can't find DRDAProtocolExceptionInfo class (solarisx86, JDK 1.4)
Date Sat, 20 May 2006 15:13:54 GMT
>> I think this is a problem with the test and/or the server code.
>> Apperently there is a race condition between the connection being
>> closed and the shutdown of the server.  This test starts its own
>> server and then opens and closes a connection to it, in this case via
>> the derby client driver.  Skeleton code:

This is very interesting! I don't know what is going on here, either, but
it sounds very similar to the issues that I've been investigating with
Deepa and Kathey under DERBY-1326 and DERBY-1219.

I'm hoping to put some effort into Network Server session/connection
management in the context of DERBY-1326.

I think it is too soon to tell whether the problems you are seeing
are identical to those of DERBY-1326 and DERBY-1219, but I certainly
think that this part of the system will benefit from having a number
of contributors carefully analyzing it.

thanks,

bryan